If you doubt your Anti-Virus software that it is not working proper and you want to check it means read this full article. Before checking the software you have to create a virus to check your Anti-Virus software that whether it is working proper or not. Creating this virus will never harm your computer or your data.
• First of all past the following text in text file.
X5O!P%@AP[4\ PZX54(P^) 7CC)7}$EICAR- STANDARD- ANTIVIRUS- TEST-FILE! $H+H*
• After pasting the above content save it as myvirus.exe.
• Within few seconds after saving the file you will be prompted to an action to delete or quarantine the file.
• If you get this instruction means your Antivirus software is working proper, otherwise you have to change the software or update the software.
• The created file is called EICAR Standard Anti-Virus Test File.
• These instructions have been developed by European Institute for Computer Antivirus Research.